Change of address on USCIS website when you are on a VISA like H1b and move to a new house

Did you recently buy a house or moved to a new place?

We moved and it was a lot of work.

Our immigration lawyer advised us to fill AR 11 FORM online in USCIS website. Lawyer said that “U.S. Immigration law requires that all foreign nationals notify USCIS within 10 days of moving by completing the Form AR-11, Change of Address Card online.”

As per this form, the primary purpose for providing the requested information on this form is to report a change of address within 10 days of the change.

Failure to report a change of address may result in a fine, imprisonment and/or removal.  

Failure to comply may also jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefits.

USCIS may share the information you provide on this form with other Federal, state, local, and foreign government agencies and authorized organizations.

The information may also be made available, as appropriate, for law enforcement purposes or in the interest of national security. 

You can see a PDF form of this here–> Alien’s Change of address card.

Fill FORM AR-11 when you change your address while you are on a VISA

While filling the form online, they ask for your


Visa status

Country of citizenship

Date of birth

Alien Registration number if you have it ready, not mandatory

Email address

Visa status

Present address

Previous address

It hardly takes 5 minutes to finish the process.

You will get a confirmation to the email you provide. 

Good luck at your new place. 


Start here to begin the application process online. 

Leave a Comment